For info and pricing contact Mohawk Ltd.
Description FRP Clad Foam Advantage
As you evaluate our products please be aware of some of the following features and benefits offered by utilizing FRP Clad Foam in the construction of our custom trailers. We are pleased to provide a sample of our wall material at your request.
FRP Clad Foam Description: These composite wall panels consist of 1” thick polyisocyanurate foam core bonded to interior and exterior skins consisting of heavy fiberglass cloth/resin matrix bonded to marine grade plywood cores. Exterior finish is bright white gel-coat, interior in off-white resin coat or gel-coat. (Other colors are available) Clad Foam panels utilize vertical stiffeners 24” on center as standard. All components of the wall structure are permanently bonded together, no fasteners, no seams.
FRP Clad Foam Advantages Include:
- Superior impact and damage resistance: FRP panels will withstand impacts and abrasion from stones, tree branches, road debris and workers that would leave aluminum skin over frame trailers with dents holes and tears in the skin
- Wall surfaces do not rust, corrode, fade or peel
- Superior noise and thermal insulation values
- Seamless and fastener-free interior and exterior wall surfaces are easy to clean and maintain
- Smooth wall surfaces easily accept graphics and paint
- Minor damage is easily repaired using standard fiberglass fillers and readily available fiberglass/resin materials
- Wall panels are mechanically fastened & bonded to structural and extruded (Not stamped) aluminum corners and rails
Extruded Aluminum Advantages Include:
- Rust proof and corrosion resistant, no paint to peel or chip
- Extruded aluminum corners and rails offer superior impact and damage resistance when compared with bent .050 aluminum used on many aluminum skin or “Filon” fiberglass over frame trailers
- Bonded FRP/aluminum construction results in a strong, rigid trailer. Aluminum skin over frame trailers are very flexible and will loosen fasteners and components over time
Other features Include:
- Dexter “TorFlex” torsion axles with “EZ Lube” lubrication provide superior ride and low maintenance
- Fuel tanks used in gasoline generator applications are frame mounted and out of the way. They are tagged and labeled as conforming to FHWA (Federal Highway Association) standards, as established by the D.O.T.
- All plastic laminate construction in work surfaces and cabinets utilizes a “hard glue” system. Contact cement is not used in any construction. All cores are plywood (no particle board is used in cores) and panels are bonded in a press using resin-based glue providing a product with superior moisture and water damage resistance when compared to contact glue-bonded components
- Exterior access and generator doors are heavy-duty “commercial-grade” aluminum with flush mount “T” locks, multiple latch points and positive seal gasket. These doors will not rust or corrode and are far more durable and impact resistant than more widely used “RV style” doors
- Trailer structural warranty is 5 years… components such as axles (Dexter @ 5 years), generators (Onan @ 2 years) air conditioners (Coleman @ 1 year) and others carry their own manufacturer’s warranty
NOTE:There are other companies touting “FRP fiberglass” construction in their products. The material most often used is a thin fiberglass matt skin bonded to luan plywood panels applied over a steel or aluminum framework. This construction is typically sold in the RV/consumer market. The FRP fiberglass composite used in Mohawk Ltd. trailer products is a true unitized panel (composite) construction utilizing significantly stronger materials and better insulation. This basic FRP wall technology is widely used by Hertz-Penske, Ryder and U-Haul in their rental truck fleet, and by many over-the-road freight haulers because of its superior durability, lower maintenance and longer service life.
Back to Command Centers and Custom Trailers